Statement of intent

Statement of intent

I have the intention to create a website which will contain clearly and concisely my artist and the accompanying video. The website itself will contain original images of the artist which are separate from the video.  I also intend to have a collection of original images of the artist that will be linked to the website.

The artist I am using will be a young male between the ages of 20-25, as this will allow the target audience of people between the ages of 16-25 to relate to him very easily. The intention for my website is for it to appear professional, therefore I will use an attractive colour pattern and will keep the amount of images to a minimal in order for the website to appear clear to the audience. In my video I will use a palette of bright colours in order to give the video a summer vibe in an attempt to make it better suit the genre. The logo that I create for my artist will incorporate colour and style in order to be an attractive feature to the audience. 

The target age demographic for my audience will be between the ages of 16-25 as I believe that these are the ages in which the majority of dance music video fans are made up of. The demographic of my audience will be A and B audiences as these are the people in professional jobs and are therefore most applicable with going out and listening to dance music in clubs and concerts.

My choice of media industry will be Universal music group as they are an experienced and large media producer, who have represented a large amount of dance music artists such as Disclosure, Enigma and the Chemical Brothers. On their website they provide information on the background of disclosure, allowing for audiences to build up a thorough understanding of the artist. The artists individual website provides information on upcoming songs, videos and tours. The artist is represented as being extremely popular through their being a vast amount of images of massive concerts at which the artists are performing. 

My artist will be represented as being vibrant through the use of bright colours in both the video and on the website. My website will have clearly connection with the video as I plan for a part of my video to take part in an exotic location which I plan to have as the background image for my website. In my video, I will use a majority of different locations as to give the impression of my artist travelling frequently. The narrative for my video will be the artist travelling to different places and meeting lots of new people, to demonstrate to the audience that dance artists are living a crazy and exciting life. 

Comments